Photo credit Kaptured Photography
Good news - the "to-do" lists are getting shorter! (Unless you're like my husband and I who planned our whole wedding in 3 months - then you're probably just getting started - feel free to hit me up for advice if you're there with us!)
1. Discuss pre-wedding parties with Maid of Honor and Best Man. Fun stuff! Decide what you want to do to celebrate with your bridal party. An all out bachelor party? A weekend at the lake? It's totally up to you and your crew. If your Maid of Honor and Best Man really know you well, let them plan it! Again, one less thing for you to do.
2. Purchase wedding day accessories for bride. Finalize those details - the earrings, necklace, hair accessories. All the sparkly little details that complete your wedding day look. On wedding day, make sure you have all these things set aside for your photographer to capture. (Read more about details to discuss with your photographer here).
Photo credit Mejia Jones Photography
3. Schedule your stylist trial sessions. Once you have your inspiration photos nailed down, set up time with your stylist to do a trial. This lets you see the results and tweak it so your stylist will have it perfect on your wedding day. This is the time to speak up if something isn't exactly the way you want. Your stylist wants to know so they can make you feel beautiful!
4. Mail Invitations. Check, check! Make sure to ask for RSVP's before the 30 day mark. You'll need that info for vendors and we all know someone will be late. You will probably have to follow up with some people who don't RSVP. Call, text, email. Make sure you know who is and isn't coming so you don't pay for extra guests.
Photo credit Mackenzie Ortiz Photography
5. Decide on your bridal party processional order and ceremony details. Nail these down with your officiant and coordinator. There are several ways to structure your processional and ceremony. The only wrong way is the one that doesn't fit you as a couple. Your officiant can give guidance on ceremony details and what you may or may not want to include. Sit down with your coordinator to understand some common bridal party processionals and what fits your wedding.
6. Order guest favors. If you are providing favors for your guests, order those now. There are endless options for guest favors - food related items are the most often taken home! We've had couples that hand made candles or soap for guests. Our Farm to Table weddings have used our handmade goat milk soaps or lotions for favors. A late night cookie truck as a take away? Yes, please!
You probably have a lot of non-wedding related items going on now, too. Getting settled into a new house or apartment, getting used to your fiance's pets full time, spending more and more time with each other's families. Planning a honeymoon! Take time to focus on those items, too. Enjoy the last bit of time before your last name changes. We know you're looking forward to the big day and starting your life together, but savor the moments as they come - you won't regret it.
Get your 4 month "to do" items here.
Find your next steps for 1 month out here.
Pleasant Union Farm is a family owned wedding venue in North Georgia, about an hour north of Atlanta.